Friday, November 26, 2010

INTERVIEW - Vivian Kees


I had the pleasure of interviewing the author of A SORDID SITUATION, Vivian Kees.

Hi Vivian! Tell us a little about yourself.

Well, I’m a aspiring writer who has just had her first novella published. When not writing I can be found indulging in my other hobbies such as sewing(quilting), reading and just enjoying life and all that it offers.


I love the cover of your newly released historical romance novella, A Sordid Situation, from Evernight Publishing. What's the story about?

The story itself is centered around Eugenia Wareham, who at the start is informed that her late husband has gambled away their entire fortune leaving her not only penniless, but also homeless.

Debt collector, Cal Hawthorne soon arrives on scene to collect what’s owed to him, and they are eventually intertwined together in a business deal of sorts when he makes her an offer she can’t refuse.

Full of passion, lust and everything in between, it makes for one heck of an interesting tale.


What kind of research did you have to do to make sure you created an authentic, historical setting in A Sordid Situation?

First of all I am a fan of historical romance and I can’t begin to count how many I have read over the years. But my main source is the internet. I do try to stick to the time period being written to make it authentic. Both dialogue and setting are vital and special attention has to be paid to each keeping the era in mind.

Is historical romance your chosen genre or do you write other genres as well?

I write in many genres, romance just being one of them. I also write horror, erotica, and literary fiction.

When can we expect your next book?

My next novella is due to come out in January 2011. It’s erotic fiction and will be released under a separate pen name.


Where can readers find you and your work online?

I’m in the process of getting a website up, but for now you can find me on Facebook(Vivian Kees), and on Twitter under the same name.

My current novella is available on Evernight’s Site and on Amazon Kindle.

http://www.evernightpublishing.com/products/A-Sordid-Situation-by-Vivian-Kees.html

http://www.amazon.com/A-Sordid-Situation-ebook/dp/B004CLYMC0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=digital-text&qid=1290007254&sr=8-1-catcorr

Thank you, Vivian, for stopping by. Congratulations on the release of your first book. May you have many, many more.

Don't forget to check out Vivian's novella, A SORDID SITUATION.

4 comments: